Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Advice for the fellas in relationships

LISTEN UP, IF YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP, I HAVE SOME GREAT ADVICE FOR YOU. 

I've been romantically dealing with women for nearly 20 years and at times I thought I knew it all, especially when I was young.  Go ahead and laugh cause I am too.  But as I have grown older, I have come to realize that we as men will NEVER understand women, and I do mean NEVER.  With that in mind, I have a great piece of advice for all the fellas out there.  Are you sitting down???  Because coming from me, this may shock you.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

That right fellas, S H U T U P.  See, often times, women's arguments are either based on emotion or presented with emotion.  There are two problems with this:
1.  Men tend to be much more logical than emotional so it's hard for us to agree with emotion based arguments.
2. Emotion is the UNDISPUTED, UNDEFEATED CHAMPION OF ARGUMENTS.   Emotions are never wrong because you can't tell a person how they are feeling is the wrong way to feel.  That just makes them more upset.  

People feel how they feel and that's just it.  Logic and emotion are like oil and water; they just don't mix.  The best way to fight emotion is with silence.  So while your girl is japping on you, just don't say anything.  I mean, for what???  You can't win anyway.  Just let her say what she has to say.  Only respond if asked and try to keep your comments as neutral as possible.  WHY??? Because all we want any way is silence and to be left alone and the more you argue with her, the more talk, the more frustrated you will become.  So just SHUT UP!  When she is done, she walk off anyway and you both win.  She got to snap on you and you got to be left alone.  Now that's what I call a WIN/WIN SITUATION. 

4 comments:

  1. Man you couldn't be more right. If you want peace in the house, just listen to what they have to say and respond by saying, I'm sorry (even if you know that you are right) and move on. That's all that she wants. I'm not condoning that you do this every time, but if it's nothing major, avoid the conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree.. Wow u couldn't have put that any better....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right! Just SHUT UP! How ever that is extremely hard to do for a man that has a lot of pride. He aint going. So in these particular cases, WE need to "shut up and just say okay". 9/10 things are going to work in our favour anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, and I find that a hug always helps me when I'm emotionally upset. Try giving her a hug when she's on an emotional rampage...se if that hepls

    ReplyDelete